When to potty train
I was thinking about this since Ozzy is not getting any younger and frankly, diapers are not getting any cheaper! When is the right time to potty train my son?
So naturally, I googled and found a lot of helpful sites. I searched for links specifically for boys since we all know boys are wired differently than girls. I heard it was harder to potty train boys than girls. We shall see.
Anyway, here are the 7 signs that your son is ready to be potty trained according to Emma Shore.
1. He can go a few hours without needing his diaper changed. He shows awareness that he needs to empty his bowels(poo). For example, he goes quiet, or has a studied expression.
~ this is tricky, for now I really can’t tell Ozzy’s interval for peeing. I guess it just depends in his liquid consumption. Regarding his awareness to empty his poo, he is already aware! Looks so darn cute too, turning red and grunting at the same time. hahaha *reminder to self, must.take.pictures*
2. He is able to pull up and pull down his pants.
~nope, he still doesn’t know how to do it by himself. next.
3. He can focus on an activity for at least 5 minutes. For instance,if he is on your lap and you’re reading him a story, he will sit quietly, listen and be absorbed in the storytelling.
~weee..5 minutes? more like 5 seconds. nope, nope. next.
4. He understands the words that will be used in potty training such as pee, poo,dry,wet and wipe.
~i think he just understands poo all the rest are blah’s to him. next.
5. He understands simple instructions such as “pick up the ball and put it in the toy box”.
~this he is good at. He can actually follow simple instructions like throwing stuff in the trash, return toys/things where he found them etc. ok..ok..2 out of 5 isn’t so bad right?
6. He has no emotional stresses such as a new baby brother or a new home.
~last i checked..nope..! no new brother/sister or new home. so 3 out of 6! Not so bad…Last.
7. He’s beginning to shoes signs of independence and likes imitating people’s actions.
~Ozzy loves imitating people’s actions! He imitates us when we cough(pat-pat pa sa chest),laugh(throwing his head back for emphasis),how we act, dance, use the remote, the telephone and many little things pa!
So…4 out of 7 huh?
I guess he’s almost there but not yet. I don’t want to rush him into it. Ma trauma pa lang nuon. I just can’t wait to be over and done with these diapers though..! Besides he looks so cute in his little potty.
this was one of his 1st birthday gifts. i guess i will have to wait a while before he uses it.hehehe