Being a mom is not almost always fun. I have mentioned in my blogs numerous times reasons why I love being a mom; but honestly to be blunt about it there are some things I really dislike (hate is such a strong word) about it.
I don’t like…..
- ……….the fact that I don’t get to sleep for 8 hours straight.
- ……….feeling guilty every time I am away. ME-time sometimes isn’t fun when you’re mind is not there.
- ……….having to clean poop.
- ……….how Ozzy decides to poop seconds after I changed him into a clean nappy.
- ……….HAVING stretch marks. Goodbye stretch-mark free tummy…for this reason alone; I ask God why MEN are not the once experiencing child birth?! teehee
- ……….that whenever we are in a restaurant I cannot eat properly. (I almost always never bring yaya around; I want to be hands on as much as possible)
- ……….being bitten & sometimes hit. (uh-huh he hits now..tsktsk, kainis!)
- ……….when people assume I know everything just because I am a mom; I am human I make mistakes too. Spare me the, “Dapat alam mo na yon” speech. I am a first-timer, give me a break.
- ……….scolding my 2 year old boy every time he picks up something on the floor & puts it in his mouth.
- ……….Or scolding in general. Or loosing my patience. Or having to glare at the boy for being noisy in church. Or when he bites his nails. It’s not that I ‘hate‘ it but I just don’t enjoy being a disciplinarian. I want to be the spoiler. But I know that would not be a good thing in the long run.
Now you may think I am bad or what it doesn’t matter; this post doesn’t mean I love my son less or I am a terrible mother (although at times I feel I am inadequate), I am merely pointing out things that make parenting hard. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it right?