Ozzy Updates 23-Months
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted something about ‘lil Ozzy. He’s turning 2 in 4 days. Imagine that, my big bulging tummy is still fresh from my mind and I can’t imagine 2 years went by so fast. Well, it really did go by too fast. My baby is now officially a toddler.
A little monster who loves to climb, break, tear, spill, throw and yell. But I love my little monster. Even if he bites me sometimes when he’s nursing. Even though I never have time for myself anymore. Even though I am not allowed to be selfish anymore. Even though I’ll never have my body back. Even though our room will never be as tidy as before. All these things are nothing compared to the joy he brought us and to our family.
For his actual birthday that will fall on a Monday, 14th of July, we will have a little party here at home with close family & some friends if they can. The big dinner with all the ninong & ninangs will just have to wait. We have decided to combine Chi’s despidida dinner with Ozzy’s birthday dinner to save on the cost.
By the way, hubby’s 90% sure of leaving by July 30th….it still has not sunk in yet – the long distance part – I dunno, people keep asking me if its OK with me that’s he’s far & I feel guilty when I say Yes, it’s perfectly fine. Make me feel like a lousy wife, but truth is 9 months is not so bad considering the savings we’ll have. Besides, Ozzy is here. I’ll be fine. We’ll be fine. I hope I can say the same with Josh though.
Initially a Jollibee kiddie party was planned but he’s too young to enjoy that. So we’ll buy him a nice gift instead. We were thinking of giving him a nice new aquarium with colorful fishes & turtles.
His vocabulary is expanding everyday!
- he got counting to 10 perfectly now.
- he enjoys dancing with barney in “if you’re happy & know it” jungle.
- he can construct sentences like, “mommy gee, dede peez” or “ic-ac one peez” or “mommy, daddy, bah-bye”
- he still loves tic tacs. We use it to bribe him and it works like magic.
- he still likes wearing grown up shoes and refuses to wear his.
- he understands when were dressed up and going out and if he’s not going out with us he cries like crazy.
- he sleeps on his own at night but he still nurses (but I talked to the doctor and extended breastfeeding is perfectly A-ok!)