Skip to content


Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thanks Ris for the idea.


December 8, 2005; locked in our powder room, I waited impatiently for the results. Nobody prepared me for the events that followed. A big pink + sign. Positive. I stared at the stick for God knows how long. A quick knock on the door jolted me back to reality. 

I went out and told the father of the baby the results. A lot were running on our minds that night. We didn’t know what to do next. We didn’t even know if we wanted to keep the baby.

A few days after, still unsure of the events, reality has not sunk in; there was bleeding, that was when we decided to go to the doctor, have a check-up and ultrasoud. Up to this point I was still very unsure if I wanted to keep the baby. 

Dub..dub…dub…dub…the baby’s heartbeat. This was real. Teary-eyed, I made the decision that changed my life forever. I am going to be a mother. Whatever happens, I will stand by my decision and raise my baby.

Telling my parents, family and close friends went surprisingly well. They accepted the situation and left me and Josh to decide on what we wanted to do. Since we were undecided if we wanted to get married or not, we decided to wait on it. Its a big decision and we didn’t want to take it lightly. 

Due to the bleeding I was in bedrest for 2 months. After that, the doctor said everything is going to be fine. The baby is growing normally and everthing seems in order. I was happy. We were happy.

My pregnancy went smoothly. By my 28th week, we knew we were having a BOY. Our own little bugoy. We decided to name him Joshua Xander.

33 weeks along, me at 116 lbs


His first ever picture.



At 37 weeks, my baby was ready to go out. So here is my recollection of the events that happened. My very own Giving Birth Story.

My OB’s ClinicJuly 12, 2006 , Wednesday

12:00 noon

I went in and had my pre-natal check-up. I was not due until the end of the month so i didn’t really think i was about to give birth already.  Since my due date was already coming, the doctor did an IE.  To my shock, she said i was already 2 cm dilated! The doctor told me that i may give birth today, tomorrow or the day after that.  There’s no need to rush cuz it’s a long way from 10cm.  Also, since i didn’t feel any pain or discomfort yet, although I was already bleeding a bit, the doctor didn’t think it was any cause for alarm.  I went home & continued working (since i work at home). 

Ayala Center Cebu

July 12, 2006 , Wednesday

5:00 pm

            I went to the mall to buy a few things for me and my baby.  I was experiencing a little pain already. I didn’t think I was in labor or anything. My mistake was I told my mother about it.  She started to panic and demanded I go to the hospital already! I didn’t want her to panic longer so we went home.

Cebu Doctor’s Hospital

July 12, 2006 , Wednesday

8:00 pm

            I was checked by this gorgeous intern (imagine my embarrassment when I had to take off my clothes and wear that god-awful backless hospital robes!! Ahahaha) and I was admitted right away.  I really wasn’t scared, more of excited! I didn’t know what to expect, I didn’t know how long it would take and to top it off, no cellphones allowed in the delivery room and absolutely no visitors!!!! It was the longest wait ever…….

Delivery Room

July 13, 2006, Thursday

7:00 am

            My OB came and IE’d me again, no progress……I was still 3 cm dilated and the contractions lessened! I was still waiting…………and making chika to everyone there! I was making friends faster than my cervix can dilate! My OB told me,”Van, I think this is going to be a long wait ‘cuz ur still smiling and talking! I bet when you go into labor you can’t even smile!!” (ofcors I didn’t believe her, I knew I was still going to smile for sheer excitement of it all) Ghhhadd….how much longer?…Since there was no way to communicate with the outside word..i made friends with the nurses & asked them to give my “love-notes” to those waiting for me outside…! I was happy naman to know Josh & my mom was there patiently waiting & praying for my safe delivery!

Delivery Room

July 13, 2006, Thursday

5:00 pm

            Since my contractions stopped around lunch time, the resident doctor allowed me to go out of the delivery room and stay for the night in my private room.  She said, if the contractions stop during the night, I can decide to go home.  I was relieved to be able to go out because the delivery room was boring me!! Ahahahaha……

Room 363

July 13, Thursday

10:00 pm

            I was in my private room, enjoying talking with Josh & my mom when I felt the contractions getting stronger.  I didn’t tell them because I knew I would be ordered back to the delivery room! I didn’t want to go…I wanted to stay in my room for the night & resume “birthing” the next day! But my baby had a different plan!

Delivery Room

July 14, Thursday

02:00 am

            The contractions were definitely painful and were less than 5 minutes apart! I knew I had to wake up Josh & my mum.  They called up the nurse and I was brought to the delivery room in a wheel chair because I could barely walk by myself…….ghaaad! I couldn’t even smile much less walk! (I should have listened to my OB ~ darn! Ehehehe).  When I arrived in the delivery room, I was already 5 cm dilated…..i was checked again a few hours later…7 cm….i knew in my mind the baby was coming…but in such awful pain, all I could think of was the PAIN….i never stopped, contraction after every contraction!! The nurses were trying to ask me questions from…”Is it really painful?” to “hey, dba you’re from STC, friend ni Maan?” My goodness, I can’t even remember my own name, much less answer questions from these young nurses!! Aarggg….Nonetheless I thank them from bringing me the pan cuz I pee’d like crazy during these times!…….6:45am my OB came & checked..she said I was ready to give birth, I was shouting in my head….”OH, YES I AM”…since my water did not break, she broke it and then after that, I was wheeled to the Operating room.

Operating Room

July 14, Thursday

07:00 am

            As soon as I was laid in bed…my feet up in stirrups, I started to push, mu OB said, “VAN, not yet, not until I say push….!” I said to myself,”Why the heck not?!!! This baby is about to burst out of me, I can’t wait another minute!!” hihihi…whe I was given the go signal….i only did 2 BIG PUSHES and then my baby was out….my little angel was placed in my chest and I had to smile to myself cuz he looked exactly like how I pictured him..The whole time I was being stitched I was awake…smiling to myself….The wait was finally over…

Joshua Xander born July 14

7:04am @ 5 lbs 12 oz.


more about him….soon! to be continued…

4 Comments leave one →
  1. romelettedj permalink
    January 31, 2008 4:54 pm

    thanks for the visit! your son ozzy is just days older kay anevay.

    i enjoyed reading your entries.

    would it be okay kung xchange link tayo ?

    hello! away!

  2. February 6, 2008 5:40 pm

    what a narrative! i bet your son would love to read this in the future.

    btw, care to x-link?

  3. February 7, 2008 8:07 am

    hi gracie! thanks, link away!:)

  4. July 6, 2008 2:47 pm

    What a wonderful story! I wish i’ll have my own story soon. But before I have my “story”, I have to get pregnant first.

    by d way, care to xlinks?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: